MRI Case 28
What artifact is shown and how can it be fixed?
- Can affect a few sequences or the entire study
- Phase-encoding direction regardless of the direction of the motion
- May lead to misregistration on subtraction images
- Counsel patient on the importance of holding still
- Ensure patient is comfortable
- Sedation if necessary for claustrophobia
Related Radiology Article: Harvey JA, Hendrick RE, Coll JM, Nicholson BT, Burkholder BT, Cohen MA. Breast MR imaging artifacts: how to recognize and fix them. Radiographics. 2007 Oct;27(suppl_1):S131-45.