MRI Case 25
44 y/o F presents for diagnostic MRI. What is the most likely diagnosis?
PAGET DISEASE OF THE BREAST
- Can see abnormal nipple enhancement, thickening, and enhancement of the nipple-areolar complex
- Asymmetric nipple findings will be seen
- Can have associated DCIS and/or invasive cancer
- Underlying cancer may not be located immediately posterior to the nipple-areolar complex
- MRI can be helpful in identifying distant, multifocal, or multicentric lesions
Related Radiology Article: Lim HS, Jeong SJ, Lee JS, Park MH, Kim JW, Shin SS, Park JG, Kang HK. Paget disease of the breast: mammographic, US, and MR imaging findings with pathologic correlation. Radiographics. 2011 Nov;31(7):1973-87.