Unknown Case 22
39 y/o F presents with a palpable and painful area of concern in the left breast. What is the most likely diagnosis?
- Thrombophlebitis of subcutaneous vein(s) of the breast
- Presentation “cord-like” palpable area +/- pain
- Can be due to trauma, central catheters, hypercoagulable states
- Imaging shows beaded appearance which can be related to areas of narrowing
- Tx: Benign self-limited, NSAIDS, warm compress (NOT anticoagulants, abx or surgery)
- Option to follow-up clinically or with imaging to ensure resolution