Teaching Case 29
46 y/o F recalled from screening for a right breast focal asymmetry. What is the most likely diagnosis?
PSEUDOANGIOMATOUS STROMAL HYPERPLASIA
- Benign stromal overgrowth; possibly hormonally-driven
- Women of reproductive age
- Mammo: Circumscribed mass or focal asymmetry without calcifications
- US: Hypoechoic or slightly heterogeneous mass
- Can grow over time; NOT associated with malignancy
Related Radiology Article: Jones KN, Glazebrook KN, Reynolds C. Pseudoangiomatous stromal hyperplasia: imaging findings with pathologic and clinical correlation. American Journal of Roentgenology. 2010 Oct;195(4):1036-42.